Your guide will demonstrate and teach you to ride your Segway Personal Transporter before we begin your tour of historical Monterey.
You will view The Customhouse, the oldest governmental building in California, the state’s #1 designated Historical Landmark. The American flag was raised here on July 7, 1846, declaring California as part of the US.
We will roll along the Recreation Trail which is a wide, scenic path that runs along the Monterey Bay. We will cruise by Fishermen’s Wharf and Cannery Row to see some of the buildings and areas that played a part in the history of Monterey.
After passing by The Monterey Bay Aquarium we will roll along Wave Avenue and pass by the memorial to Ed “Doc” Ricketts, longtime friend of John Steinbeck and the person who was the inspiration for “Doc” in “Cannery Row”, “Sweet Thursday”, and other works.
Other sites you will see on your tour:
- Monterey State Historic Park
- California’s First Brick House
- Old Whaling Station
- San Carlos Borromeo Cathedral
This Segway tour will take about 2.5 hours including the training time. Reservations are required. Same day reservations may be possible. Please call 831-324-4438 to set a reservation.
Frequently asked questions:
- You can park for FREE at the Pacific Grove Tourist Infomation Center located at 100 Central Ave., Pacific Grove. If the center is open, stop inside to pick up a map showing you the short walk to 125 Ocean View Blvd. Pacific Grove, where our tours begin.
- Riders must be 12 years old or older. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult on a separate Segway.
- Bicycle helmets are required for all riders and will be provided free of charge. Feel free to bring a helmet if you have one.
- Close-toed shoes are recommended for safety and comfort.
- The weather in Monterey is usually very nice but changeable. Bring a jacket or sweat shirt. Your Segway has a bag to hold items. The temperature is usually quite comfortable, ranging in the 60’s.
HISTORICAL MONTEREY TOUR
- $85.00 per person + tax